Saturday, 9 April 2011

Tools of recording

I would like to show you the most commonly used tools I used throughout the production of my posters, magazine and teaser trailer. All these items have been used in many manners, and I will like to tell you there uses.

So here I have a Canon Power Shot A470 7.1 megapixel camera, this camera was many used to take photos of locations during location scouting, so this means I would also take shots that would be interesting to film. I also used this camera to take all the photos for my posters and magazine cover. It proved very useful as the quality was very good at capturing shadows making the image look more dynamic.

This is a Kodak z16 HD pocket camera and was by far the most useful thing I used throughout my production as it was what filmed the teaser and more. This came in hand so many times because I was able to use this camera to film shot outside of filming schedules, just when I would be outside going to any place in particular. An example would be all the shots taking in north London which I wasn’t expecting film anything that day. The quality of the camera is very good for day shots however for night scenes you get a grainy picture, but I found ways around this. I didn’t only use this camera to film but to also recorded voiceovers for the teaser, commentary and so on.

There were many other tool I used for the production such as the tripod I borrowed from college, my mobile phone, which at one point used for recording voices and my laptop which was used for editing the teaser and creating all the music and sound effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment